Values and Ethos
Our children will be provided with the very best education.
We will nurture a child’s desire for learning through a child-centred approach within a rich, varied, challenging and inspiring curriculum that will enable every individual to fulfil her or his potential to the highest possible standard.
We believe that every member of our community has a vital part to play in our children’s educational future.
At Brightlingsea Primary School and Nursery, we aim to provide a fully inclusive, broad, balanced and creative curriculum which challenges children’s knowledge, skills, attitudes and understanding within a positive, secure and healthy environment.
We hope to prepare children with all the abilities and skills they need to become adults who are thoughtful, confident, healthy, responsible, conscientious, caring members of society who make a positive contribution to the community in which they live, and which will prepare them for their role as citizens of the future.
- Nurture a desire for learning; fostering creative, imaginative and enquiring minds;
- Develop effective and confident communicators able to independently think and reach informed conclusions for themselves;
- Celebrate similarities and differences and develop an understanding of diversity issues such as other cultures and equal opportunities in and beyond our community;
- Encourage the children to develop a sense of belonging to the community of the school and to understand its role within the wider community;
- Encourage each child to develop moral and spiritual values, and to become self-disciplined, take responsibility for high standards of learning and behaviour and be aware of the needs of others;
- Develop children's self-esteem, resilience, personal development and well-being;
- Ensure that children achieve their full potential.